Restaurant Insurance in Durham, NC, and Raleigh, NC
Restaurants are complex operations, requiring constant care and attention, and like any other business, a restaurant needs to be insured. Restaurants carry unique risks due to their role as a food provider: kitchens can cause fires, food can spoil, or customers have a bad reaction to their meal. Any of these issues can lead to lawsuits that could potentially derail an entire business.
Likewise, due to the equipment restaurants carry, they face risks of fire and property damage. We work with several carriers in order to give you the best possible selection of coverage options, and the options in this selection from which you can choose include:
- Crime – restaurants carry a lot of cash, and as such, they can be targets for thieves.
- Property damage – even the most safely operated kitchen can be susceptible to the unexpected accident. With flammable oils and open flames, the possibility for a fire can be high.
- Customer liability – sometimes a spilled drink or meal can create a hazard. If a customer slips and injures himself, he could hold you liable for medical expenses.
- Product liability – sometimes ingredients can spoil without a chef or cook being aware. If spoiled food is served and a customer becomes ill, your restaurant would be at fault and made to pay damages.
- Liquor liability – Like every state, North Carolina has rules stipulating the operation of businesses that serve alcohol. Bars and restaurants need to ensure that owners, operators, and employees are in compliance with state liquor laws.1
- Commercial auto – company-owned vehicles for catering or delivery are an important asset to your business and should be protected.
- Workers compensation – workers can injure themselves in a variety of ways while on the job. Sometimes an accidental burn or cut can prevent an employee from working for an extended period of time. In these instances, workers compensation protects both the employee and the business.
For these and other restaurant and business needs, you can consult an All About Insurance agent. Our agents specialize in covering small businesses in North Carolina. We understand that every business is unique and we’ll work with you to get a policy that meets your business’s needs.
1ABC Quick Guide: North Carolina’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Laws, Rules and Information, (Raleigh, NC: NC ABC Commission, 2012).